The LCTCS Facilities Corporation is committed to creating an environment which affords small businesses open access to the Act 360 construction program. The goal of the program is to ensure that emerging, small, and underutilized construction related businesses have viable opportunities to participate in all Act 360 construction projects. The Small Business Outreach Program will ensure that small, minority, women, and disabled veteran‐owned companies are aware of these opportunities and have a chance to participate in them.
LCTCS has adopted the small, underutilized, small, disadvantaged businesses criteria established by the Louisiana Economic Department's Small and Emerging Business Enterprise Program and the US DOTD DBE Program. Firms that are already registered with either of these agencies can provide their registration number and/of DBE certificate as proof of meeting the criteria.
Small businesses who meet the established standards set for by the Louisiana Economic Department's Small and Emerging Business Enterprise Program, can apply with LED through the agency's website: http://www.opportunitylouisiana.com/page/small-and-emerging-business-development-program
Minority and/or Women owned businesses interested in applying for certification as a DBE can contact the Louisiana Department of Transportation Disadvantage Business Enterprise Program at http://www8.dotd.la.gov/UCP/Home.aspx
Registration and/or certification from LED and/or DOTD DBE will qualify as small business with LCTCS and will count toward the small business participation. Small businesses using LA DOTD DBE certification for qualification in LCTCS program must be a Louisiana based business.
To be counted towards the small business goal established for each ACT 360 project, the company must be....
- Owned by a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Owner must be a Louisiana resident for at least one year
- Applicant must have at least 51% ownership in the business
- Applicant must have a new worth of no more than $400,000 (excluding residence and retirement)
- DBE applicants must have a net worth of no more than $750,000 and be certified by LA UCP
- Applicant must spend a minimum of 20 hours a week in the business
- Applicant firm must be a lawful business
- Applicant firm must have its principal office in Louisiana
- Applicant firm must have a business new worth of no more than $1.5 million
If you have any questions about the Small Business Program or need assistance in registering/applying with an agency, please use the contact form for more information.
** Here is a List of Louisiana Small Businesses (updated on 011/30/17)
** Here is a PowerPoint Presentation from the New Orleans Small Business Forum held April 20, 2016